Welcome to The University of Alabama’s Creative Writing Club (CWC) website! The Creative Writing Club offers two programs to Tuscaloosa-area high school students. The Creative Writing Club takes place during the spring semester on Wednesdays after school, and the Creative Writing Camp takes place for two weeks during the month of June, Monday through Friday in the afternoons. Both programs are free and open to currently enrolled high school and homeschool students, grades 9 through 12. All CWC activities are taught by University of Alabama MFA in Creative Writing graduate students under the direction of Professor Robin Behn, a poet on the faculty in the English Department at UA.
For a more in-depth look into the Creative Writing Club, check out this video made by one of our talented Creative Writing Club students in Spring 2013.
We are now accepting enrollment for our Summer 2017 Creative Writing Camp, which will be held Monday-Friday, June 5th – June 16th from 1 to 4 p.m. in Morgan Hall 301 on the UA campus. To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Student’s name
- Student’s mailing address
- Student’s home phone number and/or cell phone number, if any, for optional text-message reminders
- Student’s grade in high school (freshman through seniors are welcome to attend)
- Student’s preferred email address for all future CWClub correspondence
- Student’s prior experience, if any, in the CWClub or the CWCamp
Please also include the following information on behalf of the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s):
- Name(s) of parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Mailing address for each parent/guardian
- Home phone number and/or cell phone number, if any, for each parent/guardian, for optional text-message reminders
- Preferred email address of each parent/guardian for all future CWClub correspondence
We look forward to hearing from you! Once we receive your email, we will add you to our CWC roll.
Please send all queries to email@example.com.